wmaker_0.12.3-0.4 install scripts ...

Hi, all --

I was wondering if anybody else has yet installed the latest (as of Jan 24 98)
package of wmaker (ver. 0.12.3-0.4). I had some problems with the install
scripts; one I'm sure is a bug - somewher along in the install process, I got
an error saying that the 'ldconfing' command is not available. Notice the
misspelling in the command       ^.
I have manually edited the file (I'm sorry but it escapes me now..someplace in
/var/lib/dpkg/) and changed the command to read ldconfig, and re-run 'dpkg
--configure' for wmaker. That solved the problem.
The second problem was with updating the menus, (you know the part, where the
dpkg forks in the background...). Well, in this case the install script never
exited from that forking -- it hung for about 10 minutes with the error
saying 'aborting' and in the end I just Ctrl-c out of the dpkg process. now I
can't find /etc/X11/WindowMaker/menu.hook file...(of course).
Question is : is it me or has anyone else seen this?

Thanks a lot.

damir

P.S. Is anyone running hamm Ddebian with the wmaker_0.12* and has a working
asmail docked? I can get the 'noMail" icon in the dock, but the asmail won't
start unless it creates additional window...Any solutions? BTW, I run the
asmail package from hamm/hamm/mail...