[Q] dselect-mountable install does not find packages

Hello,

The 'mountable' method of dselect is great -- you don't have to wait for
thousands of packages telling you "it's already installed". But while from
the local disk mirror it worked flawlessly, I failed to use it through
NFS.

I have a partial mirror of hamm on the NFS, containing only the
directories you see below:

I set it up to use NFS mount in fstab, entered the dirs (hamm/binary-i386,
contrib/binary-i386, non-free/binary-i386 and non-us/hamm), and update
worked fine. After selecting I went on to [I]nstall, but it told me

"Warning: package XXXXXX, version X.Y-Z not available for installation.
Skipping."

and some

"Error: package XXXXXX does not have a filename! Skipping."

(XXXXX is the actual pkg's name, etc)

then at the end it summarised as:

 "XXXXX: package file not found" for each package to be upgraded or
installed.

What could I be screwed up there? :)

cya
peter