Re: max mount count?

Hi..

"David Z. Maze" <dmaze@donut.mit.edu> writes:

> You can change this number using tune2fs(8) (in the e2fsprogs package).

As I understand it, you are changing the files system when you
adjust the parameters with tune2fs, and this like any change in
the file system should not be done on a read/write file system.

The man page says:

DESCRIPTION
       [...]
       Never use tune2fs on a read/write  mounted  filesystem  to
       change parameters!

--David
       LINUX: the FREE 32 bit OS for [3456]86 PC's available NOW!
David B Teague | Ask me how user interface copyrights & software
teague@wcu.edu | patents make programing a dangerous business.

spy counter-intelligence wild porno sex gold bullion Soviet Bosnia
ammonium nitrate fuel oil cocaine assassinate counterfeit destabilize