compaq ls120

Apologies if this has appeared in the past, I'm new to the list.

I have a compaq deskpro 4000 which has an LS120 drive instead of a
standard floppy.  When I try to install Linux from the rescue disk it
boots up fine but then it can't read from the drive when it comes to
installing the OS.  I've heard that these drives appear as /dev/hdc and
there are error messages during the setup complaining about that device.
How can I get round this? My only other idea is to get a copy of the CD
- is it possible to do the install only using the floppy drive to boot
the rescue disk?

Thanks in advance,

Andrew