WINE useage

     If this is not the place to ask this please point me in the right
     direction.  BTW I am not new to Linux and it's way of handling
     questions.

     Here it goes:

     I downloaded the latest version of Wine from the Wine web page.  I
     extracted it and read the readme file for compiling it.  I found out
     that I needed xpm and the x lib development on my system.  I then went
     to dselect and installed the two libraries.  I then ran config and
     make depend and make.  somewhere in the middle of it the make crashes
     saying 'ld: cannot open -lXpm No such file or directory'.

     Is there something that needs to be put in from the package system?
     Maybe someone else has had good luck at compiling the 0118 wine file.
     Any help would be beautiful

     Brian Schramm
     bschramm@bigfoot.com
     bschramm@email.usps.gov