Off-line newsreader

Can anybody suggest a good off-line news-reader that I can use with Linux?
I'd prefer one that comes with the Debian distribution - I've looked at
Netscape, but don't like the interface, I'd prefer a text-based one.

I just want to be able to connect to my news server, grab headers and
selected articles and post articles and any mail to my POP3 email server at
my ISP....

I don't really want to set-up a full feed of the groups I get as I want to
keep my on-line time down....

Ian W