cyg-win32 problems

   Hi, i'm playing around with the Cygnus win32 gcc cross compiler in
hamm.  I can compile and link programs just fine, and file identifies
my binaries correctly:

> make dump;file dump
i386-unknown-cygwin32-gcc -Wall   -c dump.c -o dump.o
i386-unknown-cygwin32-gcc -Wall   -c q4401.c -o q4401.o
i386-unknown-cygwin32-gcc -static dump.o q4401.o -o dump
dump: MS-DOS executable (EXE), OS/2 or Windows

   However, when i transfer the program to my DOS box (and rename it to
dump.exe), it wont run.  It says:

dump: cannot execute: One of the library files needed to run this application cannot be found

   I linked the DOS binary static...  What's the problem?  Any ideas?
Is there a 'Quickstart' document for any of the win32* packages?

   By the way, if i use gcc instead of i386-unknown-cygwin32-gcc, then
i end up with a perfectly usable Linux executable.  No extra libraries
are needed there.  I dont do anything fancy, just basically open a file,
read it, and print it to the screen.

TIA
Sebastian