Re: Webmail ... a script for a pop3 server?

On Thu, 22 Jan 1998, Michael [badpixel/bad sector] wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I have this pop3/smtp mailserver and would like to give users access
> to their pop3 mailboxes + send emails via. their webbrowser. Just
> like hotmail. It just doesn't have to be that advanced... Users just
> need to be able to login, read their mail, and send emails....
>
> Is it possible? ... for free? :)
	Yes it is although not free in the GPL sense.  dotshop.com has a
perl-based CGI that will allow your users web based mail services.  I
think the url is www.emumail.com (or .net).  The only problem I ran into
is that you *need* perl 5.004_04 and if your running bo you don't have it.
There is a package set for perl5.004_04 in certain debian-mirror incoming
directories, but I had trouble with them.  Good luck to you!

> btw. the server is also running apache webserver
	I'm also running apache, and didn't have a problem with it.

				mike...
Micro$oft, what do you want to spend today?