Re: Secure Shell

"D. Hageman" <dhageman@UKANS.EDU> writes:

> Where can I get a version of Secure Shell for Debian?
>
> I tried to compile the source I retrieved off the internet, but it didn't
> work for me.
>
> ~ D. Hageman (dhageman@ukans.edu)

IF ssh were available on US debian mirrors for download from outside
the US, it would violate some odd US laws about exporting encryption
technology (there's also the software patent violation one may run into
by using it) - to just get around the whole issue, debian has a special
group of programs that are classed as "non-US" and are separate from
the debian hierarchy entirely.  More information on where to find
these files, etc. can be found at
ftp://ftp.debian.org/pub/debian/README.non-US