Re: Netscape 4.04.... [Read this Please!]

On Thu, 22 Jan 1998, Adriano Nagelschmidt Rodrigues wrote:

> Orn E. Hansen writes:
>  >   For those who are having trouble, you need to set the environment variable
>  > MOZILLA_HOME to the path where netscape is located.  On my machine, it is
>  > located in...
>  >
>  >   MOZILLA_HOME=/usr/lib/netscape
>
> Also, it may be possible that the line that sets the LD_LIBRARY_PATH variable
> in the wrapper (/usr/bin/X11/netscape) is causing the problem. Try commenting
> it out...

I had to set the CLASSPATH variable not to the path of java40.jar but to
the file itself, i.e.,

CLASSPATH="/usr/local/lib/netscape/java40.jar:"

Any way, I didn't use the installer. I did myself, using the wrapper from
libgnumalloc.so.5 and I didn't notice any problem with communicator
v4.04j2 (jdk1.1 capable).

[]s,
Mario O.de Menezes            "Many are the plans in a man's heart, but
    IPEN-CNEN/SP                 is the Lord's purpose that prevails"
http://curiango.ipen.br/~mario                 Prov. 19.21