Re: Network Problem

On Thu, 22 Jan 1998, Uros Platise wrote:

> The only work marvin will do is routing between
> Packet Radio network and home (local) network.
> After setting the network configuration files I can
> ping my working machine (called ide) from marvin.
> And I can also ping marvin from ide. NFS is also
> working as well. The trouble is telnet and ftp.
> ide works (I assume) well as I can telnet to it
> from my 3rd home computer But ide<->marvin is
> the neck.
>
> On marvin I installed the base system plus
> netstd package. I can telnet to localhost (marvin)
> but I cannot get out from the machine. Hence
> rpc works well.

Do you have tcpd wrapper installed on ide?  If so, you may be
restricting access to the telnet and ftp daemons on ide.  Check your
/etc/inetd.conf file to make sure that telnet and ftp are enabled.  If
they are and wrapped with tcpd, check your /etc/hosts.allow and
/etc/hosts.deny file to see what restrictions are in effect.

--
Jean Pierre