Re: xanim

tko@westgac3.dragon.com hat gesagt: // tko@westgac3.dragon.com wrote:

> I finally tried 'xanim' and that's one slick package. While the command line
> interface is fairly easy to work with, has anyone designed a menu interface so
> that like 'mc' (midnight commander), one can use the arrow keys and such to
> select a movie for display?
You could edit .mc.ext to start xanim on *.avi or *.mov files.
Or install the multimedia package. It has a nice little app, xgetfile,
that does exactly what you might want.
>From the man page:

       XGetfile  is a versatile file requester. It pops up a win­
       dow and lets the user chose a file with the mouse  or  the
       keyboard.  When  the  user selects a file, several actions
       are possible.

       As a versatile frontend to an audio file player  with  the
       assumed command name play :

        xgetfile -title "Please select a file to play" -exec "play %s" -queue"

--
  Yours 	              	<a href="http://www.koeln-online.de/einblick/";>
  Frank Barknecht		Das Koelner Stadt- und Unimagazin