Re: Why is debian "more of a learning curve" than Redhat???

Tyson Dowd said:
>At the moment, Debian seems to be more popular as a "second system" --
>once you've tried a different Linux first, or used other Unix systems
>you appreciate and enjoy the flexibility of the Debian system.

I would definitly agree with that observation. I am currently setting a
freind who
has never used any unix b4 (short of logging in and using pine on his
schools system)
I am setting him up with redhat and until recently I loved RedHat.
Now that my Linux box crashed
(its a real tribute to linux...I see Win95 boxes crashing all the
time...
sometimes 2-3 times a day...where as my linux box was up 62
days and died at a major hardware failure...the last tim eit was
down was 62 days before...during a power outage!)
After problems  had with redhat (I find redhat doesn't allow much for
"growth"
meaning as in you are becommin gmore advanced and wanting to do more
advanced things)
Once I get a new hard drive...I am installing Debian on it.
tho..this isn't my seonc dsystem...
its my 4th (1st was only for a month  suel booting...same fo rthe
2nd...till this
dedicated one for 3rd)
-Steve