Re: Why is debian "more of a learning curve" than Redhat???

	There is work being done on improving the installation. The
problems do arise from the great flexibility of debian.  I agree that
not trying to install everything in one pass is the way to go.  It makes
things much simpler.  In the end, I think the debian packaging system does
a good job of maintaining the integrity of the system.  There is a strict
set of rules that maintainers have to follow when making a package.  The
aim of the rules is to maintain the quality and integrity of the system.

G John Lapeyre <lapeyre@physics.arizona.edu>