errors in hamm upgrade

I performed the hamm upgrade using Craig's script (all went fine) and
letting dselect do it's thing.  I had a scare when e2fsck wouldn't work
after I rebooted, but was able to install a few remaining packages and get
it to work.

I have two remaining problems (at least until I try installing some more
stuff):

1. I get the following error when trying to install libc6-dev with
dselect:

Unpacking libc6-dev (from .../devel/libc6-dev_2.0.6-2.deb) ...
dpkg: error processing
debian/dists/unstable/main/binary-i386/devel/libc6-dev_2.0.6-2.deb
(--install):
 trying to overwrite `/usr/include/ndbm.h', which is also in package
libgdbmg1-dev
dpkg-deb: subprocess paste killed by signal (Broken pipe)
 debian/dists/unstable/main/binary-i386/devel/libc6-dev_2.0.6-2.deb
DPKG ERROR

Should I use --force?

2.  When trying to send a message from pine, I get:
 [Error sending: 501 HELO requires a valid host name as operand: 'localhost' ]

I have 'localhost' configured as the smtp server in pine, which used to
send the message through smail and then to my ISP as smarthost.  This
worked in bo.  Has something changed?

Bob

-------
Bob Nielsen                Internet: nielsen@primenet.com