Re: isapnptools config

On Sun, Jan 18, 1998 at 10:43:35AM -0500, Gerald Wann wrote:
> Might anyone have some advice on how to go about setting up
> the isapnp.config file? I have run pnpdump and it successfully
> found my (2) PnP cards (modem & sound). However, there are
> a number of configuration options for each, and i would like
> advice on how to decide which one to uncomment in order to
> activate the devices properly. (trial & error ? :-)

Assuming you have two real serial ports and no other modems,
it would probably be best to go for COM3 (0x3E8), on an IRQ
of your choice other than 3 or 4; 5 or 2 would be fine
(depending on what other hardware you have; your sound card might
take 5 and you VGA card might use 2/9).

Once you have enabled it in the configuration file, Debian's
serial setup script (/etc/rc.boot/0setserial) should find the port
and configure it automatically.

Hamish