RE: Netscape 4.04.... [Read this Please!]

On 18-Jan-98 Timothy M. Hospedales wrote:
>    I have been following various messages about Netscape 4.04, and it
>seems to me that lots of people's NSN4 don't do Java properly, AND,
>(Please correct me if i'm wrong), I haven't seen any successfull
>reponses to mine or anyone else's messages about fixing this problem.
>    So! Will anyone who's NSN4 will do Java applets properly please
>respond to this, then maybe we can figure out what those of us whose
>Java does not work have missed.
>
>Thanks,
>Timothy

Hi!
I run Netscape Version 4.04[en]-97308 here and didn't have any problems with
Java after setting the MOZILLA_HOME environment variable to
"/usr/local/netscape404/".
I have only Navigator and not the Comunictor-Package, if that makes any
difference.....
I used the install-script that came with the Package. The binary lies in
/usr/local/netscape404/ and is softlinked against /usr/local/bin/netscape.
java40.jar is in /usr/local/netscape404/java/classes/

Good luck, Ramin