Re: *-* auto-upgrade from rex to hamm

On Sun, 18 Jan 1998, Hamish Moffatt wrote:

> > > buzz, too, anyone?
> > is anyone still running buzz?
>
> Actually, I was a bit surprised that so many people are still running
> rexx, or at least that so much work is going into it.

rex was our first really good release. lots of people are into "if it
works, don't fix it". bo was better, but rex was still fresh enough that
the temptation to upgrade wasn't too great. both rex and bo are getting
a bit stale now, so i expect hamm will be very popular when it's finally
released :-)

> > (it would be good to have the script work for buzz but that might
> > be a bit difficult to achieve if nobody's got a buzz machine to
> > develop/test the script on)
>
> I had intended to install a fresh bo system and try upgrading some
> time; I could try it with buzz too since I have various revisions
> of it on CD here. But it won't be for a few weeks due to other time
> constraints.

ok, when (if) you do that, take over the script and update it for a buzz
upgrade.  Wait and see what Robert H does with the rex version, or
co-ordinate it with him.

craig

--
craig sanders