Re: hamm screen
- To: Hamish Moffatt <email@example.com>
- Cc: Norbert Veber <firstname.lastname@example.org>, email@example.com
- Subject: Re: hamm screen
- From: Norbert Veber <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Thu, 15 Jan 1998 18:23:47 +0000
- Message-id: <19980115182347.61848@vtech>
- In-reply-to: <19980116100707.12371@yodeller>; from Hamish Moffatt on Fri, Jan 16, 1998 at 10:07:07AM +1100
- References: <19980114202323.47036@vtech> <19980115165201.20604@yodeller> <19980115120754.61295@vtech> <19980116100707.12371@yodeller>
> > > Permissions correct on /tmp? (drwxrwxrwxt). screen creates
> > > some sockets in /tmp I believe. I'm using 3.7.4-3 here
> > > and it seems to be fine.
> > yes, they are:
> > drwxrwxrwt 3 root root 4096 Jan 15 12:02 tmp
> > I use 3.7.4-4, I've noticed that it does not make any files in /tmp even
> > when I run it as root. I remember that the bo screen used to make something
> > like /tmp/screens/username..
> 3.7.4-3 still seems to do that for me, I just tried it.
after looking into this a bit, I found that this version uses
/var/run/screens which looks like this:
drwxr-xr-x 4 root root 1024 Jan 14 20:32 screens
I tried changing the permissions to drwxrwxrwx, but running screen after
that change resulted in this error:
Directory '/var/run/screens' must have mode 755.
I also emailed this information to the package maintainer, but he hasn't
answered yet.. I might just end up downgrading to the bo version which
TO UNSUBSCRIBE FROM THIS MAILING LIST: e-mail the word "unsubscribe" to
Trouble? e-mail to email@example.com .