Re: hamm screen

> > > Permissions correct on /tmp? (drwxrwxrwxt). screen creates
> > > some sockets in /tmp I believe. I'm using 3.7.4-3 here
> > > and it seems to be fine.
> >
> > yes, they are:
> > drwxrwxrwt   3 root     root         4096 Jan 15 12:02 tmp
> >
> > I use 3.7.4-4, I've noticed that it does not make any files in /tmp even
> > when I run it as root.  I remember that the bo screen used to make something
> > like /tmp/screens/username..
>
> 3.7.4-3 still seems to do that for me, I just tried it.

after looking into this a bit, I found that this version uses
/var/run/screens which looks like this:
drwxr-xr-x   4 root     root         1024 Jan 14 20:32 screens

I tried changing the permissions to drwxrwxrwx, but running screen after
that change resulted in this error:
Directory '/var/run/screens' must have mode 755.

I also emailed this information to the package maintainer, but he hasn't
answered yet..	I might just end up downgrading to the bo version which
worked perfectly..