Re: divide the list in beginners and advanced

On 15 Jan, Remco Blaakmeer wrote:

> "When is version 2 coming out" will not be announced in advance, I'm
> afraid. At one point in time it will "have been released" and then
> everybody will know about it.

well, it is true, but not _really_ 100% exact.

>From 4 to 6 weeks before 2.0 release, "unstable" will be renamed
"frozen", developement will stop and wide and definitive testing will
start.
This event will be announced widely (it happened for 1.3) suggesting
users to download and install "frozen", to contribute to the testing.

Therefore, looking carefully inside my cristal ball, I dare to say that
you'll be announced of the imminent release one month before.

So the question is: when unstable will be frozen?
The answer is: when all the goals for hamm will be achieved (or marked
for failed :-). There is a list of goals that used to be posted untill
last fall. I think that it is now actively maintained again, and maybe
you'll see it in the future.

>> "How to move from libc5 to libc6"-list
>
> There is a mini-HOWTO on this subject that is posted regularly to this
> mailing list. I don't know the URL, but I am sure it can be found on the
> WWW somewhere.

        http://www.gate.net/~storm/FAQ/libc5-libc6-Mini-HOWTO.html
	http://www.debian.org/devel/libc5-libc6-Mini-HOWTO.html
	ftp://ftp.debian.org/pub/debian/doc/libc5-libc6-Mini-HOWTO.html.tar.gz

A script to do automatically the move is under test. I think it will be
available soon.

Fabrizio