Re: ProFTPD 1.0.0 and remote users

   Has anyone setup ProFTPD? Local access is fairly snappy, but remote
   users find that it is excruciatingly slow from the connected message
   to the user prompt -- and it doesn't seem to get any faster after
   that either.

   An mget * request of a large directory (say /usr/share/games/fortunes)
   errors out with the message "can't find list of remote files, oops"

I am using proftpd to host Debian and GNU mirrors as well as some
files of my own, and no one has complained.  You can try it out at
pfaffben.user.msu.edu, if you want.