Re: printing

   Question for the C crowd: I have a program which I wish to print an ordered
   text file. In the Linux Programmers Guide, the printer chapter shows how to
   directly talk to the printer port. I'd like to be able to send the text to the
   appropriate printer filter (and spooler). How would one go about doing that?

lpr filename

See the documentation on lpr and printcap, in the lprng package.