Re: PAP - Shadow passwords may also make a difference

Hello all:

I have adjusted by pap-secrets file as follows:

#magic fix
*           *          ""

not

>> # magic fix
>> *       *       ""      *

I have tested with and without shadow passwords and
all works fine. I think the trick is in the /etc/mgetty/login.config.
I had to specify login in the AutoPPP line.  OR  perhaps its
some other little setting I am over looking. For example.

in my /etc/ppp/
options.ttyS0
options.ttyS1
options.ttyC0   .....

I specify the following:
*** options.ttyS0 file ***
moose:moose-s0 not moose-s0:moose    as indicated in the example
*** options.ttyS1 file ***
moose:moose-s1 not moose-s1:moose    as indicated in the example

In my /etc/hosts file I give the indicated nodes IP addresses. ie:
142.154.27.2    moose    <--- multiport server

142.154.27.10  moose-s0
142.154.27.11  moose-s1

Peter