Re: Problem dialing in w/AutoPPP/PAP! Help!

On Thu, 15 Jan 1998, Hamish Moffatt wrote:

> > [PAP not working with ppp 2.3.2]
> > > # magic fix
> > > *       *       ""      *
>
> > This magic fix doesn't work on 2.3.2; I tried it before and I tried it
> > again.
>
> Package: ppp
> Section: net
> Installed-Size: 311
> Maintainer: Philip Hands <phil@hands.com>
> Version: 2.3.2-1
> Depends: libc6, netbase
>
> Works fine here.
>
> Using shadow passwords? I'm not, last time I tried it (ppp 2.2.0f)
> I couldn't login with PAP if shadow passwords were enabled.

I have shadow pw (of course :-)) and 2.2.0f works right now (since I
downgraded immediately), but 2.3.2 won't work with or without any magic
fix. I won't switch back to plain passwords, though.

In fact the * * "" * causes a 'Conversation error', and a * * "" simply an
'Authentication failed'...

cya
peter