Re: Moving to libc6 X

On Mon, 12 Jan 1998, Oleg Krivosheev wrote:

> Hi, All
>
> what is the best way to move from
> libc5 based X (3.3-4) to libc6 ?
>
> Is there a particular order of upgrades?
>
> I already have libc6-2.0.6 and related
> stuff from hamm installed.

The xlib6g package in hamm conflicts with xlib6 (<< 3.3-5), so the first
thing to do is to upgrade the xlib6 package. Latest version is 3.3.1-2.
Then, install the xlib6 package. After that, upgrade any X packages you
have to their hamm equivalents.

I suppose you could also simply point dselect at the hamm tree (on an ftp
mirror or wherever you get your packages from).

Remco