Re: Moving to libc6 X

Hi Oleg Krivosheev; unless Mutt is confused, you wrote:

> Hi, All
>
> what is the best way to move from
> libc5 based X (3.3-4) to libc6 ?
>
> Is there a particular order of upgrades?
>
> I already have libc6-2.0.6 and related
> stuff from hamm installed.
>
> regards
>
> OK

Well, FWIW I upgraded all my base packages first (after following first
few upgrade steps from libc5->libc6 HOWTO), and than just installed a fresh
xlib6g, xbase and xserver packages from the hamm. I think that if you want
to upgrade from existing libc5 system, first thing to upgrade should be a
xlib6 (note that this is a libc5 based pkg) from /hamm/hamm/oldlibs; and if
I were you, I'd just get rid (purge) all the rest of the x* packages from
bo and then install the hamm/hamm/x11/xbase and xserver. Don't forget the
xfntbase and xfnt*....
I didn't have any problems at all, but I had to install from scratch
anyhow.

HTH
Damir