Re: Upgrade script, bo to hamm

i've cc-ed my reply to debian-user as you're more likely to get an answer
from there.  i don't use the ftp install method at all.

On Wed, 14 Jan 1998, IBMackey wrote:

> Tried your script. Being the newbie chicken that I am, I entered the
> commands on the command line to make sure of spelling and etc. Everything
> worked great.
>
> Problem - dselect refuses to connect by ftp to sites. To be more precise,
>
> Connecting to ftp.us.debian.org ...
> FTP ERROR
>
> query/setup script returned error exit status 1.
> Press RETURN to continue.
>
> I've checked access to the site by Netscape, Pine, and Lynx. No problems.
> I use "dists/unstable/main dists/unstable/non-free dists/unstable/contrib"
> for the list of distributions to get.
>
> Any ideas??

try reinstalling the dpkg-ftp package is the only thing i can think of.

are you behind a firewall of any kind?  check your configuration of dpkg-ftp
too...

BTW, which version of the upgrade script did you run?

craig

--
craig sanders