Re: Quake and getvc

Brian Skreeg wrote:
> Trouble is I need a program called getvc.
> Is there a debian package with this in it?

This is amusing, becuase I'm a debian developer, and the author of getvc and
of the script below, and yet getvc is not in debian. :-)

> #!/bin/sh
> # Run something on a VC, from X, and switch back to X when done.
> # GPL Joey Hess, Thu, 10 Jul 1997 23:27:08 -0400
> # EDIT THIS FILE TO WORK WITH YOUR SYSTEM..
>
> exec open -s -- sh -c "glqwcl -nocdaudio -mem 32 $* ; chvt `getvc`"

Here is the code for getvc. I'll consider adding this to the open package or
something.

/* Prints the number of the current VC to stdout. Most of this code
 * was ripped from the open program, and this code is GPL'd
 *
 * Joey Hess, Fri Apr  4 14:58:50 EST 1997
 */

#include <sys/vt.h>
#include <fcntl.h>

main () {
        int fd = 0;
        struct vt_stat vt;

        if ((fd = open("/dev/console",O_WRONLY,0)) < 0) {
                perror("Failed to open /dev/console\n");
                return(2);
        }
        if (ioctl(fd, VT_GETSTATE, &vt) < 0) {
                perror("can't get VTstate\n");