Re: [Newbie) Thanks

"Ian Bambury" <ian.bambury@virgin.net> writes:

> Other lists have keywords to allow people to filter postings. Any
> takers?

This list has keywords as well. They are called subject. If you choose a
good subject, the time to scan through a group will decline.

I normaly skip messages about PCMCIA for example. I don't use this and have
no expirience what-so-ever with it.

I use gnus for mailreading. So I decrease the score of a PCMCIA subject I
encounter, and it disappears from my inbox summery. Replys to this mail also
never appear in the summary. They inherite this lower score by gnus
automaticly.

I could use gnus to lower the scor for all postings with PCMCIA in the
subject, but I don't do that because the subject could read "PCMCIA MODEM
and dialin problems". And this is a topic I could possible offer help.

Ciao,
	Martin