Re: Announce: Simple End-User Linux (SEUL) Project

Þann 13-Jan-98 skrifar Matthew Majka:
> Please take Debian and improve the
> installation utilities (I'm a big fan of SGI's 'swmgr'.
> Anyone want to write a clone for dpkg?).
  I'm a big fan of SGI :-) and it is a good idea to provide a GUI software
manager, preferrably written in C/C++.  There are many tools around to assist
in this, the only stepping stone (IMO) would be the style of the
'available/status' files.  They'd need to be converted to table form on the fly
for database usage.

>  Maybe move the
> documentation into a web-based format (HTML) to make the
> current information easier to navigate.  Maybe web-based
> admin tools?

  There have been a few people mentioning their interrest in writing GUI admin
tools, what about them?