Re: NTFS driver as modul

On Tue, Jan 13, 1998 at 05:45:00PM +0000, Ian Watkins wrote:
> MM> > I have tried all sorts of things to get around this, what have I m
> MM> > I have not got module versioning installed in the kernel as far as
>
> MM> Try to recompile the module under new kernel v33 or insmod it with o
> MM> force:
> MM>     insmod -f ntfs.o
>
> I did, a number of times <g>
>
> MM> BTW I've got the same problem, when I've changed kernel...
> MM> Even I don't tour on:
> MM>     Set version information on all symbols for modules
>
> Weird. Is this a bug perchance?

It's not the ideal fix, but the 2.1.x kernels have much better NTFS support
- even (experimental) write. Try 2.1.78 if you want (or possibly 2.1.79
although there seem to be a few compile problems).

Adrian

email: adrian.bridgett@poboxes.com       | Debian Linux - www.debian.org
http://www.poboxes.com/adrian.bridgett   | Because bloated, unstable
PGP key available on public key servers  | operating systems are from MS