xinetd not starting -- where is rpc.portmap?

I've had a problem telnet-ing to my machine recently, and the reason is
because xinetd is not starting.  This is because the startup script (S20xinetd)
checks for a file called "/usr/sbin/rpc.portmap" and, as it is not on my system,
causes the startup script to exit:

--- LISTING OF S20xinetd ---

#!/bin/sh
#
# Start networking daemons. (with xinetd)
test -f /usr/sbin/rpc.portmap || exit 0			# <--  THE CULPRIT
test -f /usr/sbin/xinetd || exit 0

case "$1" in
  start)
	echo -n "Starting base networking daemons: "
	echo -n "rpc.portmap " ; start-stop-daemon --start --quiet --exec /usr/sbin/rpc.portmap
	echo -n "xinetd" ; start-stop-daemon --start --quiet --exec /usr/sbin/xinetd
	echo
	;;
  stop)
	start-stop-daemon --stop --quiet --oknodo --exec /usr/sbin/xinetd
	start-stop-daemon --stop --quiet --oknodo --exec /usr/sbin/rpc.portmap
	killall -9 slattach 2>/dev/null || exit 0
	;;
  reload)
	start-stop-daemon --stop --quiet --oknodo --pidfile /var/run/inetd.pid --signal 1 --exec /usr/sbin/xinetd
	;;
  *)
	echo "Usage: /etc/init.d/netbase {start|stop}"
	exit 1
	;;
esac

exit 0

--- END LISTING ---

I've tried to find the package containing this file, but could not do so:

--- CONTENTS (PARTIAL) OF "bo/Contents-i386" ---

usr/sbin/rmt                                                 utils/cpio
usr/sbin/room_server                                         devel/groupkit
usr/sbin/rootflags                                           base/util-linux
usr/sbin/routed                                              net/netstd
usr/sbin/rpc.bootparamd                                      net/netstd
usr/sbin/rpc.bwnfsd                                          net/netstd
usr/sbin/rpc.mountd                                          net/netstd
usr/sbin/rpc.nfsd                                            net/netstd
usr/sbin/rpc.pcnfsd                                          net/netstd
usr/sbin/rpc.rquotad                                         admin/quota
usr/sbin/rpc.rstatd                                          net/netstd
usr/sbin/rpc.rusersd                                         net/netstd
usr/sbin/rpc.rwalld                                          net/netstd
usr/sbin/rpc.ugidd                                           net/netstd
usr/sbin/rpc.yppasswdd                                       net/nis
usr/sbin/rpc.ypxfrd                                          net/nis
usr/sbin/rsmtp                                               mail/smail,mail/exim
usr/sbin/run-msqld                                           non-free/msqld

--- END LISTING ---

What should I do about this?

TIA

-- Harmon