Re: Networking loading on boot before PCMCIA services for network card

Asher Haig writes:

> I have a problem when my system boots where networking loads before the
> PCMCIA services that are needed to drive the network card. As a result, I
> have to run /etc/init.d/network whenever I boot before networking will
> work.
>
> Anyone have any idea why this might happen? The proper rc.* files are all
> there, as far as I can tell....

Look in the rc2.d directory. The links to the scripts in /etc/init.d have
S<number> prepended to the name. They are executed in ascending order. Simply
rename the PCMCIA link to a lower number so that it executes before
"S15netstd_init" does.

--
-= Sent by Debian 1.3 Linux =-
Thomas Kocourek  KD4CIK - member of ARRL