Networking loading on boot before PCMCIA services for network card

I have a problem when my system boots where networking loads before the
PCMCIA services that are needed to drive the network card. As a result, I
have to run /etc/init.d/network whenever I boot before networking will
work.

Anyone have any idea why this might happen? The proper rc.* files are all
there, as far as I can tell....

TIA

--Asher