Re: Debian 1.3 and Windows NT

[ please hit the enter key every 75 char's or so.  You're email program
  doesn't seem to do this for you. ]

On Mon, 12 Jan 1998, Adam Greene wrote:

> Hello,
>
>     I am trying to run Linux on my computer at work, what we are running normally is Windows 95 OSR on a Ethernet Star configured LAN.  The NIC is 3com Etherlink XL 100baseTX (running as 10BaseT).  We normally attach to a Windows NT 4.0 server.  I installed Linux, took the information from the winipcfg program (we are running DHCP with a month long lease), so that I could do a FTP install, but I cannot see anyone, or go anywheres, when I try to ping the Gateway, I get no response.  The NIC card seems to be working fine, but I get nowheres.  (The driver came up and gave me the right info).  Any ideas??

There is a dhcpcd package that I use to connect to a dhcp server.  Works
flawlessly without any configuring.  If I mis-understood your setup, then
you probably need to send more information (someone already asked you for
this).

HTH,
Brandon

-----
Brandon Mitchell <bhmit1@mail.wm.edu>   "We all know linux is great... it
PGP: finger -l bhmit1@cs.wm.edu          does infinite loops in 5 seconds"
Phone: (757) 221-4847                      --Linus Torvalds