Gimp and library module

Hi All,
	I am running Debian with kernel 2.0.30 (Bo).  I have tried to install Gimp
using dselect.  I followed the recommendations for dependencies, and
configured the package.  When I try to run it, I get an error about not
able to load libXm (or something to that effect, I'm not in front of the
machine).  Is there something special I have to do to load this package
(besides using dselect)?
	Also, when using xloadimage to view jpeg files, the files are dithered
using only 16 colors.  Is something that is configured in my X setup (this
was suggested to me, but I don't know how or where to check).  When viewing
the files using Mosaic, they look much better (true color).
	Thanks for any help.

		Russ

Russell Cook, Engineering Branch
WSR-88D Operational Support Facility