Re: configuring ftpd for anonymous access

On Sun, 11 Jan 1998 bhmit1@mail.wm.edu wrote:

> On Sun, 11 Jan 1998 bn711@freenet.carleton.ca wrote:
>
> > What I get is - I can ftp to the box from itself or over the network
> > and log in as anonymous.  Then I can put files to the directory and
> > they get transferred all right, and I can get files if I know their
> > names... but, of course, as you may have guessed by now, I can't list
> > the contents of the directories.  It says that the connection has been
> > opened successfully, but nothing comes out the other end.
>
> I think you forgot some libraries that ls needs:
[cut]

I'm having the same problem he has.  ls doesn't report anything.  However
its only with anonymous logins.  And it happens with all of the ftp server
packages I've tried.  ftpd, wu-ftp, and the wu-ftp-academ.  (all from
hamm).  I've got a pretty pure hamm system, and I haven't forced anything.
If there are libraries missing, its a packaging problem.

Does anyone have any other ideas whats happening, because this is getting
very frustrating.