Re: configuring ftpd for anonymous access

    bn711> Hi... I'm trying to set up anonymous ftp access (for no
    bn711> particular reason, truth be told - I just want to know how
    bn711> to do it) on one of my Debian boxes and I can't quite get
    bn711> it to work.  I followed exactly the instructions in the
    bn711> ftpd man page, down to the file permissions, etc.

*snip* To make your life a HECK of a lot easier, install the proftpd
package. It has an Apache-style config file that makes customizing
what anonymous can and cannot do *really* easy.

--
Brought to you by the letters O and Q and the number 14.
"If you turn both processors off, you will have to reboot." -- The Be Book