Re: Package Installation....

Hi, just a quick question b4 I go to lunch.
I just installed the StarOffice thing, and had two problems. The first, was
mentioned in the FAQ; it wouldn't register the deamons. Unfourtunately, I have
no idea how to enable the portmapper that the FAQ said I had to do. Where do
I start with this?
Then I went to run the setup script, (which was annoying; I couldn't find it
because dpkg -L staroffice3 didn't list staroffice as owning it).
And  big install-sheild style window comes up with a smaller window in it that
never got a chance to paint because the Xserver died, saying it caught error no
11. The script gave the error that my environment wasn't setup, so I rebooted,
and set my XPPATH variable as suggested in the FAQ.
This time I ran the script, and it crashed the X-Server again with the same
error, but the script didn't give any error messages.

Any ideas?
Thanks!
Timothy