Re: exmh questions become exmh questions

Hi,

Well the title should have been "exmh questions become smail questions."

Thanks to Martin Bialasinski for suggesting setting up my own domain.
Is there a domain name reserved for private networks like the reserved
ip address ranges?  I picked home.bradshaw, but I'd switch to the
correct name if there is one.  Although I doubt "bradshaw" will ever be
used on the internet.

Thanks to Will Lowe for the final piece ot the puzzle in smail/config:

  hostnames=your.host.name:localhost

  Where your.host.name is your fqdn.

I wasn't able to send mail to bradshaw@freefall.home.bradshaw until I
did this.  smail complained that it couldn't find the host, but ping
worked fine.  I thought it might be because smail was using bind instead
of the resolver library which specifies "hosts, bind".  I was trying to
figure out how to set up bind as more that a caching server when I read
Will's message and it fixed the smail problem.

The next step is tackling sendmail on solaris so that machine will
forward all mail to freefall (the debian system I want to use as a mail
server.)

--
Lee Bradshaw                 lee.bradshaw@mindspring.com (preferred)
Next Level Communications    bradshaw@nlc.com