Re: What is SLang?

On Sun, Jan 11, 1998 at 05:35:26PM +1300, Tim Thomson wrote:
> My cron.weekly came up with the message:
> Terminal not powerful enough for SLang.
>
> What is SLang,

S-Lang is a library that (among other things) provides support for
cursor-addressable terminals. It is used by a number of programs, including
slrn, slsc and mutt.

As in general cron jobs don't have a terminal, the message is
understandable.

> and how do I fix this error?

You'd have to find out which of the programs run by cron.weekly is linked
against S-Lang, and then rewrite that job not to use a program that needs a
terminal.

HTH,
Ray
--