Re: vt100 On a wyse terminal

>> Hi, I am trying to get an old Wyse terminal going on my linux box, all is
>> well, but I have not been able to get keys like PageUp, PageDown, Home and
>> End to work. The Function Keys were another story, they were comparitively
>> easy. strings like {ESC}OP, {ESC}OQ, {ESC}OR .... etc.  The place I found
>> these had {ESC}[H for Home and {ESC}[K for End. But they dont work..... can
>> anybody shine some light on this subject??? I would love to hear from
>> you.... Oh yeah.. Im using vt100 for the terminal.
>> BTW: I am not currently on the mailing list so please email me a reply. :)
>
>Hmmm... I wonder where you got those sequences (using infocmp on
>vt100, perhaps?  That seems to have those sequences for controlling
>the terminal, not as sequences the terminal would send, though the
>end-of-line sequence looks odd) - xterms (well, _my_ xterm) uses
>Esc-[-H for home and Esc-[-F for end.

nope... direct from Midnight Commander's terminfo files... unorthodox
probably, but I just stumbled on it...  xterm is (from what I gather) just
another type of terminal like ansi and vt100... Am I right?

>Here's a suggestion - use 'infocmp vt200' and look at what it says for
>Home, End, Page Up and Page Down (these will be the khome, kend, kpp
>and knp entries, respectively).  ('infocmp vt100' won't work since the
>vt100 didn't have those keys, though the later vt200s did).

Ta... thats solved my problem completely (well almost).... just needed to
change the getty to vt200 and enter the new strings in the terminal
setup... :)
But One Prob now... had to change Function Keys F5-F10, and F9 Wont work... :(
Goes like this: F8: {ESC}[20~   F9: {ESC}[21~   F10: {ESC}[29~
F8 and F10 work fine??? any explanation?

Michael Beattie
BTW: I am not currently on the mailing list so please email me a reply. :)