Re: install image too large for floppy

Yes, this is because these are disk "images", not files to be written to an already formatted
disk. The formatting itself consumes disk space. You can't "copy" these files to the disk.
You must use rawwrite (or some equivalent program). 1,474,560 is indeed the raw
capacity of a 1.44mb floppy.

Eric White wrote:

> I'd like to install from floppies, but some of the disk images are larger than 1.44 mb. Resc1440.bin and drv1440.bin both copy to my hd at 1,474,560 bytes.  Formatting a HD floppy give me 1,457,663 bytes available.
>
> Any help?
>
> Thanks

Jens B. Jorgensen
jjorgens@bdsinc.com