Re: Fetchmail and Procmail. (Fixed pine)
- To: Ender Wigin <ewigin@SoftHome.net>
- Cc: Debian Users Mailing List <email@example.com>
- Subject: Re: Fetchmail and Procmail. (Fixed pine)
- From: Steve Witt <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Fri, 9 Jan 1998 02:42:49 -0800 (PST)
- Message-id: <Pine.LNX.3.96.980109023348.1075A-100000@localhost>
- In-reply-to: <Pine.LNX.3.96.980108232304.29901A-100000@petra>
On Thu, 8 Jan 1998, Ender Wigin wrote:
> BTW I fixed Pine to all those who might have the Mailbox Lock problem the
> solution is to "su -c chmod 1777 /tmp"
> Now for the problem ... I have procmail installed and I configured it with
> the .forward file as the mail-filtering FAQ sugjested ... to no avail ...
> I was wondering if some nice person who has Fetchmail getting the mail and
> Procmail sorting it could please explain how they did it ... and share
> what is in there .forward file ...(It seems to me that procmail never runs
> .... IE: I never see it in a top srceen ...) ...
Here's my .forward file...
"|IFS=' ' && exec /usr/bin/procmail -f- || exit 75 #witt"
If you've specified a LOGFILE in your .procmailrc, then you might be able
to examine that to pick any errors that are occuring. You might also
write a very simple filter rule at first to ensure that procmail isn't
ditching your mail somewhere unknown.
TO UNSUBSCRIBE FROM THIS MAILING LIST: e-mail the word "unsubscribe" to
Trouble? e-mail to email@example.com .