Re: vt100 On a wyse terminal

Michael Beattie <mickyb@es.co.nz> writes:

> Hi, I am trying to get an old Wyse terminal going on my linux box, all is
> well, but I have not been able to get keys like PageUp, PageDown, Home and
> End to work. The Function Keys were another story, they were comparitively
> easy. strings like {ESC}OP, {ESC}OQ, {ESC}OR .... etc.  The place I found
> these had {ESC}[H for Home and {ESC}[K for End. But they dont work..... can
> anybody shine some light on this subject??? I would love to hear from
> you.... Oh yeah.. Im using vt100 for the terminal.
> BTW: I am not currently on the mailing list so please email me a reply. :)

Hmmm... I wonder where you got those sequences (using infocmp on
vt100, perhaps?  That seems to have those sequences for controlling
the terminal, not as sequences the terminal would send, though the
end-of-line sequence looks odd) - xterms (well, _my_ xterm) uses
Esc-[-H for home and Esc-[-F for end.

Here's a suggestion - use 'infocmp vt200' and look at what it says for
Home, End, Page Up and Page Down (these will be the khome, kend, kpp
and knp entries, respectively).  ('infocmp vt100' won't work since the
vt100 didn't have those keys, though the later vt200s did).

Those seem to be the sequences sent by the console when in text mode.

kpp = key "Previous Page"
knp = key "Next Page"

(this is the way the labels read on the vt220, not "Page up" and "Page
down" as on the PC)