KDE rough edges

Hi,

  I just tried out an extremely good looking desktop environment, the KDE, but
I've noticed some few rough parts, and would like to know if these were
common problems.

  Whenever I start KFM the file manager, it seems to insist on having an
attached terminal.

  When I start up the panel, and try and change the desktop settings I get
an X error (bad request, trying to access private resources).  And the window
in question dies, the same thing happens when I try to start KFM from the
panel menu, I get an echo in a window (KFM CRASH).

  Since these issues weren't mentioned in the BUG list with KDE, I was
wondering if others running KDE have the same problems?