Re: ppp and ip-up
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cc: email@example.com
- Subject: Re: ppp and ip-up
- From: Hamish Moffatt <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Wed, 7 Jan 1998 01:23:49 +1100
- Message-id: <19980107012349.32798@yodeller>
- In-reply-to: <E0xpZbX-0000Bw-00@localhost>; from Alex Yukhimets on Tue, Jan 06, 1998 at 09:03:39AM -0500
- References: <19980106200021.52301@yodeller> <E0xpZbX-0000Bw-00@localhost>
On Tue, Jan 06, 1998 at 09:03:39AM -0500, Alex Yukhimets wrote:
> > Does ppp run the ip-up and ip-down scripts for incoming connections
> > as well as outgoing? I added some commands to my ip-up on the server
> > to set up extra routes when I dial in, but they don't seem
> > to get run.
> They DO run here. As for ttyS? or /dev/ttyS? you'd better find this out
> experimentally: put
> echo $2 >/tmp/pppdev
> into ip-up script and check /tmp/pppdev after connection being
Thanks Alex, I will try this out and modify my script
if I need to. It would be nice if ppp could provide the incoming username,
so I didn't have to go hunting for it with w.
Hamish Moffatt Mobile: +61 412 011 176 email@example.com
Rising Software Australia Pty. Ltd.
Developers of music education software including Auralia & Musition.
31 Elmhurst Road, Blackburn, Victoria Australia, 3130
Phone: +61 3 9894 4788 Fax: +61 3 9894 3362 USA Toll Free: 1-888-667-7839
TO UNSUBSCRIBE FROM THIS MAILING LIST: e-mail the word "unsubscribe" to
Trouble? e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org .