Weird /tmp permission/ownership problem

I'm using relatively current hamm.
All of a sudden my /tmp is owned by user 1000, group 1000 permission 755
That led to discovery of unfixed bug with dpkg & dpkg-dev (all their files
are owned by user/group 1000/1000).
But that doesn't explain the mysterious change of ownership/permission of
/tmp. I've changed all incorrect files from dpkg/dpkg-dev to root.root
Shortly after /tmp went back to permission 755 but now without change in
ownership. All of this is really weird.

Has anybody else experienced this?
Also - how can track down the process that changes /tmp permissions?

  =
 ===			      mailto:stalex@physlab.sci.ccny.cuny.edu
=====			      http://physlab.sci.ccny.cuny.edu/~stalex
  |______ Alexander Stavitsky