Re: rc?.d directories

On Fri, 2 Jan 1998, George Bonser wrote:

> Uhm, if you find them under /etc/rc.d I have a surprise for you ... you
> are running Red Hat ;)

:-) No as perfect as it would be, I have no /etc/rc.d directory.

I only have an /etc/rc.boot

> Did you restore from an old backup?

I'm beginning to suspect this to be the cause. I've installed Debian a few
times and I've been backing up my /home and /etc directories with tar.

I don't think I'm going to relax until I've reinstalled.  Such is life :-)