Re: Printer Advice: HP 870C or Epson Stylus 800

On Tue, 2 Sep 1997, Civ Kevin F. Havener wrote:

> I'm contemplating buying one of the two subject printers.  Has anyone out
> there used either of these two printers under Linux?
>
> 	Easy to use under Linux is the key criteria.
> 	Color printing is "nice to have" but most of my important printing
> 		needs are black and white.
> 	Will use ghostscript.
> 	Epson has optional postscript.  Anyone know what this is?
> 		Appears to be software (like ghostscript) that emulates
> 		postscript.  Is it OS dependent as I suspect (resides
> 		on my computer) or is it actually installed into the printer?

I have a EPSON Stylus COLOR 500 at home, and it is just *wonderful*!  ^_^
I love it!  And the EPSON Stylus COLOR 800 is even better, faster, and
prettier!  ^_^  I highly recommend EPSON Stylus COLOR 800!  ^_^

(BTW, "EPSON Stylus 800" without the word "COLOR" was an old black and
white version.  Don't get them mixed up.  ^_^)

Ghostscript 4.03 and 5.0x both work well with EPSON Stylus COLOR 800.  In
Ghostscript 5.0x, it supports 1440x720dpi printing too.  The print quality
is excellent under both Windows 95 and Debian GNU/Linux.  Colour is really
nice too!  ^_^

Anthony

--
Anthony Fok Tung-Ling            foka@gpu.srv.ualberta.ca